There was a little monster waiting in my window today. The monster was just chilling in the open window, one leg hanging off the ledge into my room. When I walked into my room and saw the little monster it didn't alarm me or scare me, it was as if just belonged there. Like of course a monster chills in the windowsill, where else?
Monster got bored while I was working on my computer. It complained it was too hot because today was soo hot outside. I told monster it could sit on my desk where the fan was blowing. It fell asleep on my desk under the fan's breeze and I finished my work.
This evening I was feeling a little sad and lonely even though there was a little monster around. I decided to do what I always do when I'm procrastinating working on and thinking about life: I tried on outfits.
Monster oo'd and ahh'd at the right moments. Usually I like a soundtrack to my moves, like a sassy fashion show, but monster's audible approval worked too. Monster helped me pick out what to wear for tomorrow, brushed its pointy monster teeth next to me while I brushed my human teeth, and then turned my bedroom light off so I could go to sleep.
I said goodnight and right then the little monster jumped into my bed, grabbed me by my shoulders, and swallowed me whole.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment