Monday, July 16, 2007

Surround sound buzzing

I have not been sleeping very well lately. It isn't because of insomnia or stress, I'm not worried about work (ha!) nor boy troubles. It's- I'm having a problem of a different kind.

Mosquitoes. Seriously, fuck them. They keep me up all night eating the shit out of me and buzzing in my ear. I try to hide my body all the way under the covers, but they always find some sort of way to bite me in the most unusual and unpleasant areas; the side of my hands, the back of my neck, my temple, my heel. The last few nights I've been turning the light on and laying wide-eyed waiting to hear one, trying to spot it, and kill it. Last night I paced my room on my toes hunting every last one. I killed three and finally went back to sleep. This was around 5:30am and it was starting to get light out which really pissed me off.

Today I went to the store and bought this plug-in anti-mosquito thing. It better work because all this itching and not sleeping is making me look like some unkempt orphan, which is totally cramping my other image as the Americanca harlot.





P.S. I just re-read what I wrote and had to laugh. I'm in Moldova bitching about mosquitoes. Meanwhile, volunteers in Africa or the Pacific Islands live with bugs bigger than a human head (or at least fist.)

Amy, you crybaby, stop being so high maintenance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mosquitoes are bitches i am fully with you on this one. worse tohugh was this night here where i fell asleep on a bed that some ants decided was a good place to hang out. i thought i woke up cuz it was hot but i actually woke up because my back burned so bad from all the bites.

Anonymous said...

see... i was dying from those damned devils.
well, if you want, we can send bug spray and those after-bite sticks.
i love you very much. don't scratch those bites.
put rubbing alcohol and some scotch tape on it after.
or, mix baking soda with water and make it a thick cream and put that on the bites. also if you can get cortisone cream, that will help.
don't itch them or you'll look crazy. ha.
love you very very much.
Jacquelina