Give thanks babies! It is Thanksgiving time!
After hours of 'serious talks' last night, I now sit in my boyfriend's apartment studying (I'm taking a break shh) and watch him bake cookies through the mirror reflection (he has a wall of mirrors in this apartment. It's great?) He looks relaxed as he rolls the dough in his hands and I feel relaxed although I have a million trillion law school things I can/should/need to be doing.
It's so nice to be home in Detroit. It's a place I'm usually hating on so much, but it's like the further I am from this place the more excited about it I get. Kind of like when I was in Moldova- I LOVED America in Moldova. In New York, I LOVE Detroit. But it's not so much the city I'm caring about as I'm here. It's being with my family, being in this apartment with its mirrored wall, and knowing tonight's dinner is going to be bomb. Like, oh shit, we is gonna eat.
And to think, months ago, my mom asked if I really wanted to come home for Thanksgiving as if I might not. OF COURSE I want to be home for Thanksgiving, Mom, don't be cruel.
*This place has made my street smell like fried turkey for a week and I'm glad I'm missing the insane lines for pre-ordered Thanksgiving turkeys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment