Thursday, November 02, 2006

...more photos!

Annie, the best neighbor a girl can have, and I are being domestic. Presenting our [attempt at] chocolate chip cookies!



Annie and I have made chocolate chip cookies at both her house and my house. Our host families think we're crazy and ask us each time why don't we just go to the store to buy cookies? Why all the effort? We try to explain it's an American thing (well, not like my mom ever made cookies, but some moms do, right?) but really how can we explain to them that we're just trying to kill time out here by doing things that make us feel productive, like making fatty food for them to eat? These weren't the best batch, but they sure were fun to make, kind of.


Yay for Halloween! I am a [rabid] Moldovan dog. I am chasing Annie, an unknowing American who tries to jog in Moldova.
I am not just a dog for Halloween, I'm a sexy dog for Halloween.



New Kitty: Soma. Soma likes to explore and he's cute when he's not shitting in my plants. Soma is a popular kitty name out here, it's the Moldovan 'fluffy' or whatever people name their cats back in the states.



Last Sunday I made brunch for the host family. Omelet veggie scramble, latkes, fried bananas with sour cream, and of course MIMOSAS. Originally the plan was omelets (but the frying pan had no handle to flip with) and American style hash browns (but the pans out here are not non-stick so I had to do some serious improvising. Thank you Babulya for making latkes for us, it helped save my brunch.)
I made really delicious salsa the night before that was spicy, but not too hot because Moldovans don't really get the 'hot food' thing. It was definitely yummy over eggs. I introduced the family to mimosas and they loved it. Unfortunately Big Sasha had to work, and Little Sasha is 'not allowed to drink' (though I did sneak him a little bit) so Ana and I had to finish the rest of the champagne. Needless to say I was having a GREAT Sunday by noon.
Ana loves fried bananas topped with sour cream. We agreed it looked decadent
Big Sasha downs Sunday brunch like a real man. His only complaint? "No meat."

2 comments:

janet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
g said...

excuse me, i think "slutty dog" is the correct moniker for your halloween costume.