"Hello again from Moldova.
I am writing you while my 75 year old host mom watches Russian soap operas. I am on a dial-up connection, I bathe using buckets of both boiling water and cold water, and my toilet, though inside, does not have a flushing mechanism. Again, I must use buckets for that as well.
All in all things are good out here. I'm improving my language, I'm meeting lots of people, and everyone is still pretty excited about the new Americanca in town. I've been keeping warm and it's not snowing yet, but it has been foggy everyday this week which leads to many difficult mornings of not wanting to get out of bed.
But I must get out of bed, for the people of Moldova NEED ME."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
the people and dogs of philadelphia need you too.
i needed you when you had to drive us to high school in the morning and you wouldn't get out of bed...
zhoppa.
just kidding
I LOVE YOU
(jackie!)
Post a Comment