Saturday, January 26, 2008

Right, so

I'm starting to get back aches from sitting on my ass so much on this beat up sofa in my living room. The convertible sofa is on loan from Misha (that was included in his apartment when he bought it) and It was in June when Misha and Fedia, in the cover of darkness, brought this couch over by foot to my apartment. I then served them sandwiches and cognac. That was over six months ago.

Now, this couch is frequented mostly by me, sitting online, writing, and Misha, when we together watch downloaded, Russian dubbed movies on my laptop. Fedia doesn't come around anymore- we had a bit of a falling out. However, I'm determined not to leave this country with burned bridges, so I'm sure we can be friendly again in 2008.

I've started working a little bit. On Tuesday there will be a meeting to start planning Women's Week 2008. Aerobics is going good. Romanian is going good. Law School researching is going... stressfully. I find myself in these mini-panic attacks, worried of my competency to actually get into these schools I'm reaching for. So, have been doing a lot of internal dialogue, evaluating who I am currently and if I have what I need to be who I want to be.

The kids newspaper is still happening. They're working on the Love issue right now for Valentine's day. They interviewed me about how American's celebrate V-Day and how American couples date. I made sure to mention that in relationships in America, sometimes the woman pays for stuff, and that's normal, and that's okay. Y'know, just to mix things up a bit.

What else. I've lost my sense of humor, other than being entirely too vulgar. I did make my host mom laugh though because two days ago the gas company raised their prices. So the gas guy comes to check my meter so the company can write out my bill. I went into the kitchen to check the number on the meter while he stood at the door. I told him the exact number on the meter. The moment he left and the door closed I realized fuck! The price is going up and he was checking the meter under the old price still- I should've told him a much higher number on the meter! I told Tamara this, and she told me the exact same thing happened to her. We had a good laugh at our lack of quick savviness. Get it? Hilarious.

Saw Beowulf in Russian at the theater in Chisinau. Took Tia out for birthday lunch. Cooked Lasagna last night with awesome lasagna noodles I found in Chisinau. I served some to my host mom who called me that night after she tried it and said "wow, Amy, you really are a good cook!" and I was all, "yea bitch, I knows."

So this is what my life is. It should be much more interesting sounding because I'm totally on the other side of the world from most of you readers and should be telling you anecdotes and insane things that happen to me daily. But my life is just mostly calm out here. I live in a small town. I get sick of seeing people and people seeing and knowing me. ("Who's that lawyer you're always walking with!?" "Planning on getting married yet?" "Just because we don't see you, doesn't mean we don't know what's going on with you!")

But that's not how it is with you people. Because you don't see me, you don't know what's going on with me. So I'm going to make a conscious effort to get this blog updated more, with anecdotes and insane things, and maybe some photos. In the meantime, I'll leave you with my thought of the month: I really wish Britney would get it together already. Also, Michael Jackson, I miss you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It feels that in a little while
you'll be s-o-o-o ready to come home malen'kaya...
Come back to US already!