Last night Little Sasha helped me study my Romanian vocab. Sasha like to come to my room and hang out with me. Sometimes he finds things that aren't broken to fix such as my outlet. He said the plug was too loose and spent the next hour tinkering next to me as I studied. I was listening to Belle and Sebastian and I guess he really liked the music because he started humming along off key.
Yesterday he called me three times asking where I was and inviting me to his apartment. I answer vaguely about my whereabouts and always refuse his invite. When I finally returned home after my walk with Annie and Michelle, he was outside waiting for me. I was a little annoyed but relieved when I entered the house and saw that Ana was already home and I wouldn't have to be alone with him
He's not a bad guy. He means well, but he def has a crush on his host sister. When he was quizzing me on my vocab he would throw in words like "love" or "marriage." I scolded him and told him to stop with the 'hints' or I wasn't going to hang out with him at all for as long as I live. He stopped the joking and the quizzing continued. All was well until he said "brother in love." I looked at him and was like "are you serious? I said stop." He answered "no, really! Brother in love." I told him I thought we'd be able to hang out like normal people but I guess he didn't want to since he's being a jerk. He persisted that he wasn't joke and it says "brother in love," he swore. I told him I didn't need his help any more and it was time for him to leave. Frustrated, he showed me the vocab list and points, "brother in love! Brother in love!" I read it and cracked up. "Brother-in-LAW" I corrected and made fun of his amazing english reading skills.
Our little miscommunication blew over and we finished the evening's study session with comparing the sounds our animals make in our countries.
Moldovan ducks: Mac Mac
Moldovan pigs: Hru Hru
Moldovan roosters: CooCooRaGee
Moldovan dogs: Gaf Gaf
Moldovan geese: Ga Ga
Moldovan cows: Moo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Amka, You are funny..My little girl in a big (very small) country...Tell little Sasha that he will have to have a curcanmcision to be LOVED by you, let's see how fast his love will be gone... Just kidding...
what about moldovan cats?
Debbie,
Moldovan cats say "meow."
well i guess it makes sense that you didn't put that in then, BORING. oh i found out the reason i didnt eat almonds off the tree in PR is that they could potentially have been poisonous! oops.
Post a Comment