Friday, October 05, 2007

Mama can have a glass of wine with dinner if she wants. She's an ADULT damnit!

Today was like,
get woken up at 9AM by friend nicknamed "Black" from Chisinau, calling me just to say hello. In my woken-up rudeness I ask him what he wants, does he need me to translate something? To which he replied I was a bitch and he'll see me in a couple weeks when we'll drink and dance at a wedding.

10AM, I go to kickboxing, where my trainer gets really annoyed with me because I'm not doing anything right. However, the guy has a soft spot for me, and generally for his students, so we don't leave mad each other or anything. We have a yoga date together soon, but tomorrow we have another morning kickboxing date.

Today was Teacher's Day. The kids at schools put on little shows for their teachers. The editor of our newspaper, Tania, wrote and directed her class' play, and it was a parody of a popular Romanian TV show called "Surprize! Surprize!" which includes a lot of dancing and zany camera angles. But man, did those kids pull it off. On their version of "Surprize! Surprize!" they had Michael Jackson, Varonin (Moldova's president) and Vladamir Putin. It was pretty amazing. I went to the concert with Tania's mom, who is a fine lady. She works her son's billiard bar all day and night, which he was able to open thanks to his mom's earnings in Moscow. She complains about the work, and how no one appreciates her, but I also think she'd much rather be here with her family, than working in Moscow.

14:00 I came home and cooked some veggies and mozzarella (because ohmygod I FOUND a store that sells mozzarella in my town!!) I ate it like a champ.

Then I went to teach kid's aerobics, where two boys have started coming because we play soccer (futbol) with one of the big exercise balls from my aerobics classes. It is kind of a killing birds (rabbits?) with one stone thing, because it keeps the kids busy and I don't have to do anything. Because have I told you? I hate kids. I kind of do. Just the stupid ones. Like the one girl who came today eating sunflower seeds and throwing the shells on the floor, and then asking me during the soccer game if I can allow for the girls to use their hands. I hate that one. She's so stupid. When I would do aerobics class, she would walk up to me, as I'm doing the moves, to ask me if she could go to the bathroom. I would just glare at her in response. Oh man. And kids when there's a lot of them, all giggly and rambunctious and so annoying. Gah. Why do I do this kids aerobic class? Oh, because no one else would. (Added to TO DO list: Find someone to take over 4pm kids aerobics class.)

18:00 Real aerobics with the ladies. Them bitches be lazy today for some reason. Whatever, I kicked their asses though. When they start getting too chatty like oh-we're-so-bored-we'll-just-start-talking-over-you-Amy I get all "Oh yeah? Try this on for size!" and make them do crazy step things on the benches that include kicking, clapping, and jumping until half of them drop out.

Then I come home and we still have water today so I take a luxuriously long shower and exfoliate and everything. I then make rice and curry stuff which I ate like a champ. Misha called during my meal to ask what I'd be doing later and I said study and he said he'd come over later and I said well we'll see about that mister, and we will. Then I watched episode 7 of Californiacation (your thoughts on this show?) when my grandma Sima from New York called me and we chatted about the inconveniences of Eastern Europe living and how when I come back to the States, and appreciate everything more, I'll live like a queen. Now I begin studying this evening's chapter of LSAT Logic Games.

...and there you have it folks! Friday in the MD.

No comments: